The AGL best practices of installation aims at reducing the rate of early equipment failure due to a poor installation. Focusing on ADB SAFEGATE systems installation methods, this course provides the best tips and tricks to make sure the ADB SAFEGATE equipment is properly installed while ensuring personnel safety anytime.
- Provide an introduction to AGL installation techniques and methods
- Exposure to installation in accordance with international standards as recognized by ICAO and other national bodies e.g. FAA / EUROCONTROL / EASA / NATO / UK CAA /STAC/
- Awareness and knowledge of quality issues and experience regarding installation of the AGL primary and secondary circuit equipment and lighting fixtures.
What is covered?
- Applicable Standards
- Requirements for a good electrical connection
- Airside Pavements, grouts & cable slot fillers
- Installation methods of approach lights & PAPIs
- Technical specifications tools & equipment
- Review of a complete installation, including:
- Shallow base installation (levelling, grout preparation etc.)
- Light fixture installation
- Saw cuts
- Transformer pits
- CCR power supply and serial circuit connections
- Installation of elevated light fittings
- Alignment of shallow bases
- Alignment of elevated lights